The De Havilland DH.60 Moth (moth) was a British training and sports plane with a fixed landing gear biplane from the interwar period and World War II. The drive was usually provided by a single motor ADC Cirrus or de Havilland Gipsy with the power of 60 and 120 HP, respectively. The prototype flew in 1925. The plane did not have permanent weapons.
The DH.60 Moth was created as a private initiative of De Havilland Aircraft Company Ltd., which wanted to conquer the British market for light training and sports aircraft. Many proven solutions were used for its construction, but an air-cooled in-line engine was also used, which was quite a novelty at that time. The DH.60 Moth aircraft turned out to be successful - it had great handling qualities, was not very malfunctioning and was very maneuverable. During its serial production, many development versions were created for the needs of domestic and foreign customers. In 1927, the machine designated as DH.60X (later DH.60 Cirrus II Moth) was launched into production, powered by the ADC Cirrus II engine with a capacity of 85 HP. The most popular version was the DH.60 Gipsy Moth, powered by a motor de Havilland Gipsy II or III with 100 to 120 HP. There were also DH.60 seaplanes. The last development version was DH.60T, a military training plane dedicated primarily to foreign customers. DH.60 planes have been delivered to many foreign recipients, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Finland, Poland and Sweden.